The Singapore Maths Teacher uses Model Drawing or the 'Visual Method' in its approach to problem solving:
- This method helps the student to 'see' and understand the problem better through the use of the model.
- Animation is used to enhance, explain and convey, both math concepts and solutions, to the young learners.
- The organization of the lessons is based on the following basic principles of teaching:
The lessons are graded from Primary 3 to Primary 6.
- Teach from the known to the unknown.
- Teach from the simple to the complex.
- Teach from the concrete to the abstract.
At each grade the difficulty level is structured as follows:
- Level 1 - Basic
- Level 2 - Intermediate
- Level 3 - Advanced
© 2005 www.THESINGAPOREMATHS.COM